Sunday, September 27, 2009

Place Your Bets....

JP and I were talking today about the stuff we need to get done before the upcoming weekend. On the "To-Do" list: laundry, clean house, laundry, weed-eat the yard, laundry, pack our suitcases, laundry, hang curtains and pictures, and did I say laundry? Anyway, he decided he wanted to go play basketball with some friends this afternoon. Our conversation on his way out the door:
JP-"I bet you won't weed-eat the yard."
K-"What if I do?"
JP-"If you weed-eat the yard, I will do the rest of the laundry."
(I have to interrupt the conversation to say that laundry was a part of JP's 'pre-nuptials'. We sort of had an agreement that unless absolutely necessary, he would not ever do laundry or go to the grocery store. I don't like the way he folds my clothes and he has no patience in the grocery store. So, neither part of his 'pre-nuptials' really bothers me.)
K-"Really??"
JP-"You won't do it."
K-"Okay."

I was relaxed on the couch under a cozy blanket, watching TV as this conversation was going on. But, as soon as he got down the driveway, I went into overdrive. I hustled into his NAVY coveralls, put on my boots and sunglasses for eye protection, poured some gas into the weed-eater and went to town. After one tank of gas, I realized the string needed to be changed....did it all by myself, thank you very much. I quickly went back to work. I was trying so hard to get done before JP drove up. Didn't make it.....I had about 10 minutes of work left when he got home. Wish I had a picture of his face when he saw me. My victory picture will have to do :-) I won.....and JP has a lot of laundry piled up.


2 comments: